Get the new Beta here: http://www.rectorsquid.com/temp/linkage.msi
I’m almost ready to release a new production version of the Linkage program. This latest beta version fixes a locked link problem where connectors could still be moved during a JOIN operation. Now a JOIN operation will move connectors that are not on locked links and leave the locked link connectors in their existing location. Connectors on two or more different locked links can’t be joined because I didn’t want to try to move the links during the JOIN.
Oh, and there is now LOCKING for links. the previous version had this too, but it’s worth mentioning again. Look for a lock symbol next to the link name/ID for locked links. They will rotate if one connector is moved and there are just two connectors. Otherwise, moving or rotating a connector on a locked links rotates or moves all of the connectors. links that are connected and locked will all move or rotate together when any of their connectors are moved or rotated.
I made some fixes to how fastened elements work. there were some bug that caused problems when fastening an already fastened element to some other link. I’m not sure if it’s all right yet. I’m also not sure if copy/paste operations work properly with fastened elements, but it all works better than before, that’s for sure.
I changed a few of the samples to be more interesting. One of the new samples is a Peaucellier mechanism. Another new one is a slight variation of a Stephenson valve mechanism. I had to avoid the three-connector sliding rack/thingie and connect it differently, but it works the same in this new configuration.