Someone contacted me asking about planetary [internal] gears. I gave it some thought and implemented it in about 2 hours. A bunch of that time was me figuring out how to automatically find the gear radii based on just the ratio. The gear with the larger ration value is always the outside gear so it was fairly simple. I did end up with a bit of unelegant code due to making a bit of code very optimal at the expense of the rest. but it’s only a few lines so it’s not a problem.
The video shows two similar configurations. the only difference is which gear has the input. This was a test to see if the basic functionality is working. I will need to test to make sure that when the gears are being rotated around each other and one is fastened to the ground, they still work right.